Thursday, June 3, 2010

Living my Life like Tangerine Sprouts

After a week trip in China for the Spring holiday, my boss brought some tangerines as present. I was about to throw the seeds in the bin when I noticed the back door pot with some space for growing seeds. I put about 7 seeds for trial and had prayed they would grow. The good taste and the idea of having them as bonsai moved me to take care of them. 

After a month, I was watering the potted plant at the back door when 7 sprouts about 4 to 7 cms gladly smiled at me. Joyfully, I transplanted them in separate pots to avoid competition and had added fertilizer . Worried about the lack of sunlight, I had transferred them near the window indoor.  I made a chart for growth and development and had taken some pictures for documentation. 
Looking back, memoirs have associated this joy of nurturing the tangerine seeds to my conversion as a Born Again Christian. The good taste of the tangerine is the Word I heard that directly convicted my heart to accept the ministry of reconciliation to God. Thereafter,it was followed by joy and strength in the spirit that I continued to nourish myself with the Word and grow in my faith and service to Him. One way or another I wish to share this good taste to others as the infinite goal.That would be from the seeds I am taking care of, hoping one day they will bear fruits.
In here the lives of the sprouts are dependent on me as the caretaker. They have no choice but to depend on me for water, fertilizer and the acquisition of sunlight since they don't grow in their natural environment.

Truly, recognizing that God is the source of everything and that I'm nothing without Him allow my life a total surrender  to Jesus Christ, the Only Vine I am attached as a branch where nutrients pass through. John 15:5~I am the Vine you are the branches,If a man remains in me and I in Him,he will bear much fruit,apart from me you can do nothing. Jesus has the control of everything from the source of my income, health, emotional stability etc.In case of trials and problems,I am also expected to trust in the Vine where the nutrients-solutions come from making all things easier for me to handle. Matthew 11:28~ Come to me you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart,and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." 


As the caretaker of the tangerine sprouts, I know somehow the basic needs for their growth,thanks for the gift of knowledge taught in my Biology class.For God, He is but all knowing and my life He knew before I was born. In Jeremiah 29:11~For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord,plans to prosper you and not to harm you,plans to give you hope and a future." What more should I ask, yes, He has created me for His glory and He wants to make sure that I am doing just that. If I remain in Him obeying His commands then everything will go well as He had planned for my life ever since I was in my mother's womb. Like taking care of the sprouts making them as bonsai as ornamental and supporting them to bear fruits which are good goals. So as the plans of our Lord to our lives.

"So, we make it our goal to please Him ~2 Corinthians 5:9 and everything will go well.

No comments:

Post a Comment