Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Blessings on a Bookmark 

It was January 13,2010 when  I received blessings through a message shared by someone.    The message,I have written on this bookmark, so I called it blessed for it aims to channel blessings carried by the WORD to others.
 The bookmark is made from trash as follows: 
        box of dark Toblerone and 
        Rocher Ferrero
        used gift wrapper
        ribbons from the New year decor

Using above resources is rescuing trash at home giving them a 2nd or even 3rd chance of being  worthy before finally mounting up on "Smoky Mountain" or becoming a crab "rock" on the seaside or incinerated or  feasted upon by the decomposer.Taking trash as resources ignites my creativity enhancing my interest in arts and crafts sincerely patronizing the Green Movement by simply starting from home.
The bookmark having 3 to 4 ribbons have been sewed as point of attachment more durable than glue or staples.Having 3 to 4 ribbons was influenced by the  inconvenience of using more than  3 bookmarks in a single book like the Bible, cookbooks and other research materials.These separated bookmarks familiar with Murphy's Law just keep on falling just when they're badly needed in place!



Certainly,this single bookmark with 4 ribbons is just what I need. It is much convenient for the Bible since supporting verses are always given  to expound the main verse perhaps on study or during preaching in church.
  For cookbooks, it is helpful in following various recipes from this page to that.


And upon research,  it marks multiple pages for references.







The Bookmark Story

On the plane, April and I were sitted on opposite aisle on the same row.During the flight, I noticed  that she opened her Bible and after a few minutes of reading she closed her  teary eyes.We arrived around 12 nn and waited in our agency's lounge to be picked up by our employers.Everyone was getting bored when April opened her Bible again.

She turned it on Isaiah 58:11~
   
    The Lord will guide you always;
    He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame;
    You will be like a well watered garden ,like a spring whose waters never fail.~


She told us that on the plane she prayed for wisdom before opening her Bible and this was the message revealed.
We felt deeply awed. It was obviously the right message on the right time. She said, " It is all for us, this verse is our blessing so I shared it with you." We accepted happily.

Being unselfish, she channeled the blessings the message bear.I thank God my journey in this new employment in a foreign country started with a blessing.Indeed the word from Isaiah has been working in the different aspects of my life but  most specially has been covering me with the grace of humility to love my work and my boss for HIS glory.
April's boldness and love to share the personal message revealed to her touched my heart.
It reminds me the joy  of sharing the word of God anywhere at any time - a blessing to others. 

Indeed ~How beautifull  are the feet  of those who bring good news. ~Romans 10 : 15.I am encouraged to do thesame.


To channel these blessed words I decided to make bookmarks on my birthday. I used recycled chocolate boxes, gift wraps and ribbons from the previous Chinese New Year decor about to be trashed. I am still making more, hoping to  to let April's blessings flow to others. Besides,if the blessings channeled to me is dammed by selfishness and/or laziness, like the dam in exceeding capacity would break and might even cause "disaster".So, in this simple idea of giving away bookmarks it would allow the dam to function effectively.
Furthermore, I am inspired believing that more efficient blessings flow depending on the faith and love of the giver.God is a faithful and loving God and He blesses us lavishly. Believing in Him, by faith and love we should become channels of His blessings.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment